The mission of the Occupancy Inspection section is to ensure that all commercial properties have certificates of occupancy, ensuring that the properties comply with the codes in place when they were constructed and are safe for their inhabitants.
The Occupancy Inspection section is responsible for the enforcement of past and current building codes. More specifically, the section:
- Permits certificates of occupancy (CO) for existing commercial structures and change of use
- Permits and regulates helipads
- Permits and regulates electronic locks
- Permits and inspects residential facilities
- Completes occupancy record requests for buildings constructed after 1988