Floodplain Management Office
1002 Washington Ave., 3rd Floor
Houston, TX 77002
Commercial/Multi-family driveway is defined as flatwork providing vehicular access to a private commercial property
Applicant must pay for permit prior to construction.
Permit must be kept on premises in public view, facing the right of way.
Pre-construction and final inspections are conducted.
- Floodplain development permit is not complete until signed.
- Violations of the permit will be subject to citations as provided per Chapter 19 of the Code of Ordinances.
Development permit fees may vary depending on acreage size and if the parcel is located in a conveyance zone or the floodway. See the City Fee Schedule and search for "flood plain" for more details.
- Building permit application
- One of the following:
- Signed, sealed, itemized cost estimate provided by a professional engineer or architect -OR- signed, sealed, itemized cost estimate notarized by home owner and contractor -WITH- HCAD summary -OR- appraisal signed by a licensed real estate appraiser,
- Elevation certificate demonstrating that the structure is compliant by elevation (lowest floor is at least 24 inches above the 500-year elevation)
Applicant can use Project Dox to submit online
1. Upload all required documents and drawings.
2. Mark complete the assigned task.
Two copies of plans/documentation can either be walked through OR submitted at the permit counter.
A copy of the approved plans onsite
A copy of permit onsite
Final Floodplain Inspection
Only a copy of the approved plans onsite
Enter the appropriate project number and click the Submit button.
In Person: (832) 394-885
Automated: (713) 222-9922