1002 Washington Ave, 3rd floor
Houston, TX 77002
Inspections and Permits:
8000 North Stadium Drive, 2nd Fl.
Houston, TX 77054
A commercial pool includes those in hotels, apartments, condos, schools, natatoriums, spas, wading pools, piwf, amusement parks, etc. Permit per pool. Permit is non-transferrable from owner to owner.
Permit must be kept on premises.
An annual, non-scheduled/unannounced inspection is conducted.
Renewal invoices are sent 30-45 days prior to expiration date.
If an inspection is failed, a reinspection fee of $188.14 shall be charged along with an admin fee.
- Complete a building permit application
- Submit plans through HPW Building Code Enforcement
- Submit pay application fees
- Log in or create an iPermits account
- Complete building permit application
- Submit pay application fees
- Receive email invitation to upload plans
Apply in person at HPC 1002 Washington (77002)
Not for dog washes and fountains.
Requirements for submitting construction plans for a new pool or spa:
- Two (2) complete sets of plans with specifications.
- Plans must be drawn to scale and scale noted on plan. Include top view and side view of pool and spa with appropriate measurements.
- Show size and type of filter and pump.
- Show location of pump and filter in relation to pool/spa.
- Show total number of gallons
- Note surface area of pool/spa in square feet
- Include the name and address of pool/spa location -Indicate the size and type of piping with schematic, drawn to scale
- Once fees are paid, you will receive an invitation to upload plans into ProjectDox
- Upload all required documents and drawings
- Mark complete the assigned task
- Submit plans at the permit counter. Plans will be routed to the Health Department.
- Customer will be notified when plans are ready for pickup.
- Re-submittals are accepted on the 3rd floor window.
- Once construction is completed, a preoperational inspection is required.
- If corrections are required, call for a re-inspection.
- If inspection is passed then a permit is invoiced and processed.
To request an inspection or re-inspection, call 832-393-5100. Customer will be notified the day prior to coming out.
To request an inspection via email: [email protected].
A renewal invoice is mailed 30-45 days prior to the expiration date.
It is the responsibility of the owner/operator to contact the Health Department prior to expiration date if an invoice is not received.
- Click the Pay Now link
- Accepted forms of payment are credit/debit card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover)
- Once payment is received, the permit will be mailed to the address on file.
8000 N. Stadium, Houston, TX 77054, 1st floor or at 1002 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77002 (permit is mailed if at HPC)
1. Fill out the bottom of the invoice
2. Send Invoice and check (money order, cashier check, business check) to:
P.O. Box 300008
Houston, TX 77230-008
Once payment is processed a permit will be mailed to the address on file.
Any outstanding balances must be paid prior to or at the same time the permit is renewed. A zero due balance is required to generate the invoice.