The Structural Inspections section inspects all construction of new, remodel, and repair of residential and commercial structures, such as minor residential and high-rises. This section is also responsible for:
- Administering the Multi-Discipline Inspections (MDI) program
- Assisting the Department of Neighborhoods with dangerous buildings by evaluating and presenting a scope of work to bring the building into compliance with current City codes and ordinances.
- Licensing and inspecting all new and existing manufactured home parks
- Evaluating hardship requests for the placement of a mobile home on private property
- Evaluating proposed moving routes of homes being relocated within the City limits or being moved outside of the City limits
- Approving the placement and inspecting the foundation of all homes being relocated within the City limits.